In general, all massages are therapeutic. However, different modalities and techniques may be more relaxing than others. Trigger Point Therapy, for instance, may be more intense due to the pressure given in a targeted area to help relieve muscular pain and dysfunction. However, this type of work can be combined with a more gentle approach to accomplish a massage session. Please feel free to ask me to see how I can customize your session.
Types of Massages
- Swedish massage. A gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep, circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- Deep Tissue massage. Form of massage uses various techniques, but slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage. A combination of Swedish and Deep Tissue massage, but it's geared toward people involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Pre and Post Natal massage. Prenatal massage is mostly performed while the client is laying on her sides with supported pillows to relieve strain on lower back and pelvic. Swedish massage is usually performed with minimum deep tissue modalities. Post-natal massage has shown to bring a quicker recovery and better health. Massage helps lower stress hormones and brings relaxation.
- Hot Stone massage. Promotes deeper relaxation of the muscles through water-heated stones. They can be massaged and placed in various areas of the body for longer warmth and concentrated tension release. The heated stones help improve circulation and reduce muscle spasm.
- Reflexology. This is a system of massage based on the principle that there are reflexes in the hands, ears, and feet that relate to every organ, gland, and system of the body.
- Aromatherapy. 100% Essential Oils (EOs) are used to enhance the experience of any massage. They are extracted from leaves, stems, flowers, bark, roots, herbs, brushes, shrubs and trees through distillation. EOs have been used for medicinal and healing purposes for thousands of years. Some benefits include muscle relaxation, relief of sinus congestion, reduce headache tension, and calm dry, itchy skin.
Please call for prices.
Call (253) 380-8544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.